28 March 2012

Fear can't hold her back....


Faith (not her real name) narrowly escaped being trafficked. We spent all day yesterday and today confronting the recruiters. We have tried to reason with them face to face, filed a police case, hired an advocate, contacted the media, and made an appointment with the local Human Rights commission…but still Faith’s tears come the moment she leaves an office, as waves of fear wash over her.

Today my friend said, “Faith, look into my face for a minute,” as Faith dried her tears and looked up she went on, “Are you born again? Does Jesus live in your heart?” Faith said, “Yes, Jesus is in my heart and I am born again.” My friend replied, “Then He will NEVER leave you, NEVER forsake you and He will deal with anyone who rises against you.” As I looked back from the car, I saw them walking together and Faith tried again to smile.

Faith is bravely standing up to a system so wicked and so ruthless they thought nothing of even assaulting my friend and I ~ and we are foreigners in this place. She has a reason to be afraid of them…but my prayer is that GOD will make her oppressors afraid….so afraid they will shrink back in fear when her name is mentioned…

If my daughter or granddaughter were taken by traffickers I could liquidate everything I own and go searching for them…in most of the other countries of the world poverty renders families incapable of reaching out for their loved one. Please, join us in prayer that trafficking will be abolished. Pray that victims like Faith will take courage and TELL their story and EXPOSE the perpetrators.


…You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror it shall not come near you. Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of Me. Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake. Isaiah 54:14-15

No comments: