30 May 2012

A Jesus kind of different...


Right at the foot of the cross we're about to discover the very quality that set the apostle John apart from all the rest…I am reminded of an Old Testament saint about whom God said, “But my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows Me wholeheartedly.” God didn’t mean a different Holy Spirit. All we who are redeemed have the same Holy Spirit. God referred to something wonderful about Caleb’s own human spirit that made him unique. I believe John had something similar. These were fallible men, prone to the dictates of their own flesh just like the rest of us, but they had something in them that was almost incomparable when overtaken by the Holy Spirit. They were simply different. ~Beth Moore

Lord, please make me different...that all who see me might walk away wanting only to KNOW more of You!

No comments: