26 July 2011

Postcards from Africa

So here I am.  Africa.  I have been hearing about the ministry since about 1996, coming on staff in 2007.    After all these years of reading the FRM newsletter and reading all the missionary newsletters and seeing the photographs and reading the prayer points and all the other things at work that make me a part of the ministry, I am finally here. 
Kelly and I flew into Entebbe where Vicky and Natasha picked us up and we left the following day for Gulu, and onward to Kitgum.  We visited Keith and Lisa Coggin at Sanctuary of Grace, and then onto visit Lois at Tender Trust.  We have been working on updating the photos and the information for the children that are sponsored.  We have also visited Kitgum Infant Orphan Care and Sister Teddy at NUCBCD.  We have had a chance to worship together, make ‘smores with them, and love on the kids.  Your kids are well.  J  And they are so sweet.  They shake my hand and greet me as I pass by.  And they know that their life is different because of you. 
Today Kelly and I shared with the kids from the 23rd Psalm.  The Lord is our Shepherd, we shall not want.    He goes before us.  He cares for us.  He walks with us through “the things that can make you dead”—according to one of the kids here at Tender Trust.  What a great reminder that no matter what, when I choose to follow Him, He takes care of all the details.   I’m looking forward to see where He’ll lead me next.  In the short term, its back to Gulu and then on to Sudan on Monday.   Looking with expectation toward the future!        
Because of Him,
Sheri
Tender trust....



Time with precious kids...

Teaching the Bible...

No comments: