17 May 2011

Russians in Kenya

How amazing is the Lord!!! I want to share with you about the team from my home church, Calvary Chapel Vladimir… The Lord opened a door for them to come and serve long side of us in Nairobi…You can only imagine how excited I was when I saw them at the airport in Nairobi. Seven people came on this first teamJ. It was very cool to see how they ministered to the kids (they had two VBS’s and FIC kids concert.  The FIC Youth concert went very well too).  We were able to go and witness to the people in the slums of Kibera and Kawangware. Everybody on this team recognized that the people are very open to talk about and listen to the Gospel! So, we used every opportunity to share the Gospel and you know what…one lady from the team, Tatiana, could not even speak English…her desire to share the love of Christ with the Kenyans was so encouraging… she learned a few words in Swahili and was so brave to use them!!!
It was great to see how the Lord used all of us for His glory, and how faithful He was when we had to be flexible in changing plans in ministry… You have to do what you have to do… For me personally, to see my family here was very special… I was very tired physically but spiritually I was so fired up…

Tatiana is inviting people to the FIC concert

VBS in the slums of Matumba

Edick was painting kid's hands and faces in the slums of Kibera...

This verse from Isaiah 6:8 “Whom shell I send and who will go for Us…” became alive once again…To see these guys step out in faith…was great!!! My prayer for them right now is for them to go deeper in their relationship with Jesus and share His love wherever they go…

No comments: