11 November 2010

Daily Devotion

Psalms 18: 1-3

1 I will love You, O Lord, my strength. 2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.



The Psalmist is saying he will not trust in his own strength or power, but his trust is in the one he loved. He knew the Lord would be his rock and fortress and would deliver him in time of trouble! David looks to the Lord to be his rock, buckler, salvation and high tower.
This was a natural thing for David to do and he expressed his love by exercising his trust in the Lord. Are we willing to say, "Lord, we put ALL our trust in you today!"

Are we willing to put our trust into action like David did? Can we praise the Lord in the presence of our enemies?

No comments: